Ex-London & South Western Railway Adams '0415' class 4-4-2 Radial Tank No. 30584. Built by Dubs & Co. of Glasgow in December 1885 as L&SWR No. 520 and withdrawn in February 1961.
British Railways was still able to operate some routes as virtual working museums right up to their closures. The Lyme Regis branch was one such delight, with seventy-one year old 30584 pictured as she is about to depart from Axminster in July 1956. The '0415's' role ceased in 1961 but the route only survived another four years thereafter.