10406 1932-08-09 St. Margarets MPD
Ex-North British Railway D. Drummond 'R' (LNER 'D51') class 4-4-0 Tank No. 10406. Built at Cowlairs in September 1880 as NBR No. 111 and withdrawn in April 1933.
This is a timely photograph of this Dugald Drummond designed 4-4-0 Tank seen here inside Edinburgh's St. Margaret's MPD in August 1932. 10406 would be withdrawn just nine months later, the last of the thirty strong class. Their main duties were on the suburban services around Edinburgh and Glasgow, and on various NBR branch lines.
© Les Hanson-David Hanson Archive