1458 1960s Oswestry Station
Ex-Great Western Railway Collett '14xx' class 0-4-2 Tank No. 1458. Built at Swindon in Aug. 1935 as GWR No. 4858, re-numbered to 1458 in Nov. 1946 and withdrawn in Nov. 1964. Oswestry Station, Shropshire was the HQ of the former Cambrian Railway, absorbed into the GWR in January 1922. Carrying a 89D shed plate during a damp day sometime between 10/09/1960 and 31/08/1963, 1458 is waiting to depart with a 'local' for Wrexham. Three 12 gallon milk churns are seen on the platform, once an everyday sight that was to disappear as railway traffic by 1979.
© Ken Widd-SA Collection