2198 1956-07 Llanelly Docks
Ex-Burry Port and Gwendraeth Valley Railway 0-6-0 Tank No. 2198. Built by Hudswell Clarke of Leeds in December 1910 as BPGVR No. 10 and withdrawn in March 1959. The smiling crew of 2198 are proud to show off their steed at Llanelly Docks in July 1956. The smaller Welsh constituents, contributed considerable numbers and types of tank locomotives to the GWR. After being 'Swindonised' as with 2198, many continued to have long and useful lives.
© Ken Widd-SA Collection