1130 1949-06-20 Glasgow Central
Ex-LMS Fowler '4P Compound' class 4-4-0 No. 1130. Built at Horwich in January 1926 and withdrawn in August 1955 as BR No. 41130.
This is the transitional period just after nationalisation, when the new BR livery had still not been applied to many locomotives. All three of those identifiable pictured here at Glasgow Central, still have either full or partial LMS insignia. The 'Rebuilt Royal Scot' seen on the right is 46157 'The Royal Artilleryman'.
© Steve Armitage Archive