55260 1960s Forfar shed
A crisp portrait of ex-CR 0-4-4T No 55260 seen standing on an inspection pit outside the east end of Forfar shed in the early 1960s. This was the first of a post-Grouping batch of 10 of this type built by the LMS in 1925. It turned out to be a final survivor of the type (along with 55189, 55204/34), all four being withdrawn in December 1962.
Copyright David P Williams Archive / Rail-Online