Ex-London & South Western Railway Adams 'B4' class 0-4-0 Tank No. 30089. Built at Nine Elms in November 1892 as L&SWR No. 89 'Trouville' and withdrawn in March 1963.
Complete with its 'bird's nest' spark arrestor, 30089 is relaxing in the sun at Plymouth Friary MPD in July 1956. The 25 'B4s' were designed for station pilot and dock shunting duties. Fourteen were named after the destinations of ships then sailing from Southampton and were used at the docks for nearly fifty years.Two have been preserved (30096 and 30102).