30045 1960s Exeter Central
Dugald Drummond's 'M7' 0-4-4 Tanks, his first design for the L&SWR, were highly successful. They were built in five batches at Nine Elms and Eastleigh between 1897 and 1911. Many lasted into the 1960s and the final survivors were not withdrawn until 1964. Two have been preserved. 30045 was on pilot duties at Exeter Central in the early 1960s.
© Steve Healey -SA Collection