735 1910s Eastleigh Works
Originally LBSCR ‘Terrier’ No 668 ‘Clapham’, No 735 was bought by the LSWR to work the Axminster-Lyme Regis branch in 1903. (Another, No 646 was also purchased, becoming No 734).
The two engines were given Drummond type boilers with safety valves on the dome in 1912 (as seen in this photo). No 735 remained in use by the LSWR until the Grouping. Built 1880 this engine was scrapped in 1936 as SR No E735. (When did it cease working on the Lyme Regis branch?)
© David P Williams Archive / Rail-Online