8545 1933-08-06 Clacton LNER
Ex-Great Eastern Railway S.D. Holden 'S69' (LNER 'B12') class 4-6-0 No. 8545. Built by Beardmore of Dalmuir in August 1920 as GER No. 1545 and withdrawn in September 1950 as BR No. 61545.
Eighty-one of the 'B12s' were built from 1911 to 1928. Getting under way from Clacton-on-Sea with a rake of elderly coaches is 8545, in a photograph taken in August 1933.
© Les Hanson-David Hanson Archive