361 1956-07 Cardiff Cathays MPD
Ex-Taff Vale Railway Cameron 'A' class 0-6-2 Tank No.361. Built by Vulcan Foundry of Newton-le-Willows in July 1916 as TVR No. 127 and withdrawn in Jan. 1957. The Great Western Railway inherited a very diverse an mixed collection of locomotives from the railways of South Wales. To extend their useful lives, Swindon put as many standard parts on them as possible. They achieved 40 years or more from many including 361 seen here (with rivets galore) at Cardiff Cathays in July 1956.
© Ken Widd-SA Collection