D70xx 1964-06-16 Chalford
This view of Chalford station is looking towards Sapperton bank with its signal box visible in the background, here in what is known as the "Golden Valley".
Just beyond this signal box was where the Great Western Railway constructed its first Railmotor Shed in 1903 in order to house overnight the steam Railmotors working the shuttle services between Gloucester and here, but the shed was burned down in the night of 8th. January 1916 and was never rebuilt .
A stock siding to the left of the Swindon bound platform, together with a pillar water tank at the site of the former Railmotor shed survived until the station closed and was demolished shortly after local services were ended on 31st. October, 1964