68128 1956-10-12 Stratford MPD
Ex-Great Eastern Railway A. Hill 'B74) (LNER 'Y4') class 0-4-0 Tank No. 68128. Built at Stratford in January 1921 as GER No. 229 and withdrawn in October 1956.
This class of just five locomotives were designed by Alfred John Hill for departmental and goods yard duties. Three were built in 1913-14 and a further two in 1921. Judging by the absolutely disgraceful external condition of 68128 at Stratford MPD in October 1956, it's withdrawal that same month must have come as a blessing!
© Ken Widd-SA Collection