30585 1962-12-02 Nine Elms
PPeter Kerslake comments "30585 was one of 85 built for the London and South Western Railway for their London suburban services at Beyer Peacock's Gorton Works. It was one of four that survived in their original form as the majority had been rebuilt into tender engines but were all withdrawn by 1886. Numbered 314 this engine was transferred to Wadebridge in 1902 in company with 329, joining the third of their class 298 which had been at Wadebridge from 1895. The trio worked the china clay freights for sixty years untill all three were withdrawn in summer1962 when they were replaced by three 1366 class Pannier Tanks transferred from Weymouth."