EMU 1950s Liverpool Overhead Railway James Street station
James Street station, looking south. Note the 'Alight here for Mersey Railway' sign. There is also a poster for the ‘Hungarian Relief Fund Concert’, the first of which took place at the Royal Festival Hall, and dates the picture to mid-1956. The line operated on third-rail 500V d.c. supplied from the company’s own power station.