AB 1296 1912 1970-03-24 Methil
On 24th March 1970, the extensive sidings at Methil are being shunted by green liveried NCB No 8 fitted with a Giesl ejector. In the exchange yards at Methil it was possible to see WPR, NCB and BR locos working together.
Built by Andrew Barclay (AB 1296/1912) this locomotive carries an aeriel above the cab for communication with the nearby signal box and other locomotive crews working the yard. Later this engine was transferred to Polkemmet Colliery, Midlothian.
Photo by and copyright of David P Williams