3035 1946-09-21 Cardiff General
Down freight entering Cardiff General
View east from the east end of General Station, with a Down Class E freight entering, headed by one of the ex-GC design 'ROD' War Department 2-8-0s acquired by the GWR after World War One, No. 3035. It was built in 6/18 as WD No. 1613, served in France, then loaned in 9/19 to the GWR (as No. 3038), stored at Stratton 9/21-5/25, but worked again on the GWR as No. 3035 until eventually withdrawn in 8/48.