LNER 29 1935-08-08 North Blyth
Ex-North Eastern Railway W.Worsdell 'P1' (LNER 'J25') class 0-6-0 No. 29. Built at Darlington in June 1900 as NER No. 29 and withdrawn in August 1960 as BR No. 65712. By the time the BR era arrived most of the North Eastern Railway's locomotive sheds were in a parlous state of repair. DIS-repair would be the better word! It wasn't always so as we can see here at a very neat and tidy North Blyth MPD in August 1935. Even humble No. 29 looks quite presentable! Between 1939 and 1946 it was loaned to the GWR to cover for 'Dean Goods' 0-6-0s requisitioned by the WD.
© Les Hanson-David Hanson Archive