3276 1936-10-18 Swindon MPD
Ex-Great Northern Railway Ivatt 'C1' class 4-4-2 No. 3276. Built at Doncaster in May 1904 as GNR No. 276 and withdrawn in January 1946. A stranger in the camp! In the 1930s, Sheffield-allocated C1s and ex-GCR 4-4-0s worked passenger services to Swindon and here's the proof! Seen in October 1936 inside Swindon running shed, 3276 rests in sparkling LNER livery perhaps succeeding to outshine the locals?
© Les Hanson-David Hanson Archive