No 2 1968-06-19 Barony Colliery
On a very overcast summer’s day, a Neilson ‘pug’ is seen at Barony Colliery, Auchinleck, Ayshire. MR 529218.
NCB No 2, N 3452/1885. Still busy at age 83 years in 1968. The colliery opened 1907 and closed in 1989. It was one of only two Scottish collieries that supplied an adjoining power station (opened in 1953). In 1948, the colliery employed 1,264 and produced 1,520 tons per day.
Photo by and copyright of David P Williams