6646 1937 Gayton Loops
Ex-London & North Western Railway Webb '5ft. 6in.' (LMS '1P') class 2-4-2 Tank No. 6646. Built at Crewe in December 1892 as L&NWR No. 1152 and withdrawn in May 1947. Any push-pull enthusiast, including the youngster on the left, cannot fail to enjoy this magnificent spectacle. Seen at Gayton Loops, near Blisworth on the WCML in 1937.
© Les Hanson-David Hanson Archive