6154 1937-10-10 Crewe North MPD
LMS Fowler 'Royal Scot' class 4-6-0 No. 6154 'The Hussar'. Built at Derby in July 1930, rebuilt in April 1948 and withdrawn in Dec. 1962 as BR No. 46154. Sitting in the tidy interior of Crewe North MPD, 'The Hussar' has a diminutive, push-pull fitted ex-L&NWR Webb 2-4-2 Tank for company. 'Special Crewe Ale' is chalked on it's smokebox door! Perhaps the Crewe Arms pub (by the station) has persuaded a friendly railwayman to assist in an illicit advertising campaign?
© Les Hanson-David Hanson Archive