6149 1936-04-19 Crewe South MPD
LMS Fowler 'Royal Scot' class 4-6-0 No. 6149 'Lady of the Lake'. Built by NBL of Glasgow in December 1927 as LMS No. 6149 and withdrawn in September 1963 as BR No. 46149. This lovely portrait was taken in April 1936 at Crewe South MPD and shows 6149 in original condition. This must have been taken shortly before 6149 went into works in May 1936 for a light service, re-emerging in June 36 with a new name 'The Middlesex Regiment' and a Stanier tender from Jubilee 5561 'Saskatchewan'. She was rebuilt in April 1945.
© Les Hanson-David Hanson Archive