MR 1262 1910s Buxton Midland MPD
Midland Railway Johnson '1262' (LMS '1P') class 0-4-4 Tank No. 1262. Built by Neilson & Co. of Glasgow in May 1876 as MR No. 1258, re-numbered to 1262 in 1907 and withdrawn in November 1930.
The distinctive Midland Railway crimson livery seems to have suffered a tad judging by the peeling on the tank side of 1262 at Buxton Midland MPD in the 1910s.
© Steve Armitage Collection