1338 1960s Swansea East Dock
With typical Welsh mountains forming a scenic background , this fine picture of 1338 shows the little engine back in South Wales , having returned home to Wales at Swansea East Docks in the early ' sixties following a lengthy spell in the far Westcountry at Taunton and working from there at the nearby Bridgwater Docks..
The engine had spent its early years at Cardiff Docks , initially numbered as no. 5 , before the Great Western took it into their stock , remaining there but relegated to being in store until 1932 when it was reallocated as mentioned above down to Taunton.
Now happily preserved and restored , 1338 can today be found at Didcot , moving there in 1987 following 22 years in the open air on static display at Bleadon and Uphill station in Somerset , not too far from her earlier home at Taunton.
1338 appears to have carried the "BR " nameplate whilst here at Swansea for some unknown reason