14682 1930s Forres
Ex-Highland Railway P. Drummond 'Castle' class 4-6-0 No. 14682 'Beaufort Castle'. Built by Dubs & Co. of Glasgow in July 1902 as HR No. 147 and withdrawn in November 1943.
This fine portrait of 'Beaufort Castle' taken circ 1931 shows her having just past the Tytler Street crossing in Forres. The negative sleeve gave no indication as to location but the distinctive 'Royal Station Hotel' was the architectural clue that was finally resolved by trawling through street scenes in 'Google Maps'!
© Steve Armitage Archive