HR 32 1880s Dingwall MPD
Highland Railway Wm. Barclay 'Glenbarry' class 2-2-2 No. 32 'Cluny'. Built by Neilson & co. of Glasgow in October 1863 and named 'Sutherland' until 1874. Withdrawn in September 1898.
Seen in the sylvan surrounds of Dingwall MPD probably in the 1880s, No. 32 is in virtually original condition. She has however, received a 'louvred' chimney introduced and designed by David Jones after becoming CME in 1870. The 18 locomotives of this class were all rebuilt as 2-4-0s except for 'Cluny'. Restored from an original period 8"x10" print.
© Steve Armitage Archive