HR 46 1890s Location unknown
Highland Railway Wm. Barclay/Jones 'Glenbarry' class 2-4-0 No. 46 'Kingussie'. Built at Lochgorm in May 1880 and withdrawn in June 1904. Seen as rebuilt in 1895 with a larger boiler and wheels.
There were 18 'Glenbarry' class locomotives, some built as 2-2-2s and some as 2-4-0s. The works plate reads '1895', dating the photograph to circa 1896 but the location is unidentified. Restored from an original period 8"x10" print.
© Steve Armitage Archive