Brecon Watton Station 1958
Brecon (Watton) station with plenty of goods traffic evident. Either a passenger working passes on the higher level line or carriages are stabled in the headshunt. Interesting place to park a car. Loco shed was in the right middle distance.Brecon Watton was the original Brecon & Merthyr station in Brecon and closed on 1 March 1871. The station buildings at Watton were used as offices for the MPD and goods station.As to the carriage sidings, there weretwo at Brecon, but these would be behind and to the left of the photographer when they took the images. This is shown to good effect in a plan on page 94 of "The Mid Wales Line" by Derek Lowe. The running line here was single track BUT there was a long head shunt for the Bay platform/Turntable Road, so it is POSSIBLE that the end of the headshunt was used as additional carriage storage facility.