14220 1926 Glasgow St. Enoch
Ex-Glasgow & South Western Railway Manson '336' class 4-4-0 No. 14220. Built by Dubs & Co. of Glasgow in March 1889 as G&SWR No. 353, re-numbered 367 in 1919 and withdrawn in November 1931.
Even though the LMS had all but eradicated the G&SWR fleet prior to WW2, their new master's crimson livery was proudly displayed to best advantage. Here at Glasgow St. Enoch terminus in 1926, 14220 shows a typical 'Sou' West' trademark - the open wooden cab door with chalked-on departure details!
© Steve Armitage Archive