1369 1371 1960 Swindon Shed
Pictured here at its initial home of 82C ( Swindon ) shed 1369 was to remain there from new in 1934 until April of 1960, its sister engine seen here, 1371 spending some time on its own in South Wales although also at Swindon in this view. Whilst at Swindon the members of the class there were used mainly on shunting duties within the Carriage and Wagon Works as well as within the Main Works itself and the Sawmills Shop area . 1369 joined a number of her sister engines at Weymouth in April 1960 hauling heavily loaded Channel Islands Boat Train stock and freight between Weymouth Quay and the main line station through the narrow and congested Weymouth streets, parked cars being a regular hindrance particularly in the Summer holday months. Sent down from Weymouth to Wadebridge with 1367 and 1368 in 1962 it was 1369, with its replacement boiler acquired in mid 1960 from the withdrawn 1370, that was considered to be the best of the trio in service there, the engine working primarily on china clay duties until withdrawal came about in November 1964, and its fortunate subsequent restoration and preservation at Buckfastleigh on the South Devon Railway.